US News: Decoding Wall Street's Wall of Jargon
May 26, 2016
- Mike Beall, Executive Vice President of Davenport Asset Management, cites short covering as an essential. "'Shorts' describe investors who are betting against a stock," Beall says. "Sometimes when a short is too popular, stocks can benefit from short covering. We often see it when a heavily shorted name reports 'less bad' results."
Wall Street Transcript: Money Manager Interview
- Mike Beall and George Smith, Davenport Asset Management, discuss growing capital over time with less risk than the overall market
- George Smith, Asset Management, discusses looming fed interest rate decision
Portfolio Perspective: From George Smith
- Davenport Investment Policy Committee member and co-manager of Davenport Equity Opportuties (DEOPX) discusses recent market volatility and its impact on portfolios
Kiplinger's: Active Funds that Work
- Personal finance journal Kiplinger's recognizes Davenport Equity Opportuties (DEOPX) as one of a select few managers that outperformed in 2014.
- Personal finance journal Kiplinger's includes Davenport Equity Opportunities (DEOPX) on it's equity recommended list
- Davenport's Core Portfolio (DAVPX) recogized as a selected S&P Capital IQ large-cap core manager